ThreeRs performs these functions:
After major modifications, migrations or code conversions IT is concerned about the integrity of the modified code. Progeni's ThreeRs (Record, Replay and Research) is a data centric, regression-testing tool designed to test for unanticipated changes when online and/or batch applications have been modified or enhanced. Where ThreeRs is employed for testing, customers report 90% less bugs in new releases and at least forty man-days of manual effort saved per release. ThreeRs confirms that intended changes - and only the intended changes - have been implemented by searching for and identifying even the most unlikely discrepancies.
- Records - a set of input transactions that form a test control set including all screens, database and file changes.
- Replays - the control input transactions to the modified program, and records the new set of output transactions (test output data).
- Researches - the differences between the control test data and test output data and identifies those differences ignoring expected changes and reporting only unanticipated results.
Performance comparisons can also be measured by timing the "control" and "output" replays at maximum speed. ThreeRs confirms the integrity of all modified code and also helps substantially reduce the errors that normally occur through maintenance activities.
- Confidence and end user satisfaction in delivered services.
- Monitors reliable, known, repeatable transactions on systems and applications.
- Testing of hardware and software upgrades.
- Functional regression testing and robustness testing of new software revisions.
- Increased end user confidence.
- Higher quality assurance.
- Maximized return on investment.
- Early detection of problems.
- Improved staff productivity.
- Reduced costs.
- Reduced risks.
- Faster re-introduction of re-engineered/modified code.
ThreeRs captures data from user terminals, client workstations and distributed network sessions. It subsequently presents the data to the application substituting for user terminals, client workstations and distributed network sessions. ThreeRs finds more bugs faster so you have the assurance that you got it right, that your systems work, and they will perform under load.
Contact us for more info